A dental crown is a custom-made restoration used to entirely cover a tooth that is seriously damaged, decayed, or otherwise compromised. By completely encasing the tooth, starting at the gum line, the crown returns the tooth to optimal shape, structure, and size. Crowns can be made from a number of materials, including porcelain, gold, and porcelain fused to metal. Porcelain dental crowns are popular for their natural-looking aesthetic; our dentist will help you choose the type of crown best suited to your personal needs and preferences.
Dental crowns can be used for a range of restorative and cosmetic purposes, including:
- To enhance the appearance of a seriously stained or darkened tooth
- To cover a dental implant
- To strengthen a fractured or weakened tooth
- To support a large dental filling when little natural tooth structure remains
- To attach a dental bridge
- To enhance the aesthetics and functionality of a misshapen tooth
- To repair a seriously decayed or damaged tooth
Your dental crown in Ventura, California, will be custom made to precisely fit your tooth and improve your oral health and function. In most cases, just two comfortable visits to our office are needed to complete and place your restoration. For more information and to set up your next visit with Dr. Greg L. Wolfe, we welcome you to contact us at Greg Wolfe Family Dentistry today.